Because that’s how long I’ve been around. It’s not a sexy number, but I got thinking about all the things I’ve learned about living with one foot in this world and one in the other and it was a lot.
It became a list and when I hit 35 life lessons things there was still heaps more tips and lessons to share. Treat it like a buffet: Take what looks yummy. Have a nibble. Some will be right, and some wont be a good fit.
Why am I sharing this?
I don’t believe you have to be serious to be intuitive, or even wear crushed purple velvet and have a quarry worth of crystals in the house. After all it’s what’s on the insidethat counts!
When I was in my thirties I desperately wanted to be a psychic and a healer. Even though inside I already was one, I just didn’t think the term fitted me.
I was always not ….. enough.
Not psychic enough
Not spiritual enough
I didn’t wear enough crushed purple velvet
Part of my mission is showing how normal it is to be psychic. There’s no need to get around like Stevie Nicks or in a constant altered state to be effective, and that we can be goofy and normal too. There are as many ways to work with intuition as there are facets in a diamond. We all contribute to the shine. In celebration of my birthday, here are the major lessons and thoughts I’ve learned along the way:
57 life lessons for psychics
1. When to charge for a reading?
When the universe hands delivers you a paying client. You’ll ready when they want to pay.
2. I can talk to dead people people but I can’t cook rice or figure out which remote is which.
What everyday superpower is your “epic fail’?
3. I held in being psychic for too long it made me sick.
Anything we do to block our true selves is going to dampen our spirit. Don’t wait forever like I did.
4. Out growing friends is really hard. Every time.
5. A good intuitive reading touches your soul.
It can change your life and be very healing. At the least a reading will confirm what your soul already knows.
6. Keeping a journal of intuitive hits increases confidence.
There will be a catalogue of them and they can’t all be coincidences can they?
7. Demons and dark entities are for muggles.
8. I didn’t even know what a medium was.
It certainly didn’t mean ME!I The universe had to practically shove it in my face.
9. New Age People write the silliest crap.
Run everything you read past the ‘sniff test’. Using the internet mean we develop better discernment skills. If it doesn’t feel right, or makes you feel less-than or fearful, let it go. Our intuition serves us everywhere, and especially in this area.
10. Having any kind of spiritual practice will save your sanity.
11. I’m getting better at saying no.
I used to be a people pleaser – anything to keep the vibe happy because I was so sensitive. I lost myself in the process and forgot what I really needed.
12. Meditation helps me feel connected.
I just do better when I meditate for 20 minutes than when I don’t.
13. A closing down ritual after psychic work saves your energy.
It’s nothing fancy, a cup of tea, a walk with Bruce, a shower or washing your hands. Something that signals the day’s intuitive work is over and it’s OK to be in your can slouchy pants.
14. I don’t know everything – thank goodness!
15. Knowing my limits helps me to be a better psychic.
I don’t do lost pets because it upsets me and stay away from legal or court outcome questions.
16. I still don’t know what my guides are – (execept one), and I’m OK with that.
17. The spiritual police won’t come if you have a bad day.
Challenges make us grow, in fact it’s OK to have crappy days
18. It’s not channeling if your eyes are open – it’s just not.
Please lets find another word for it.
19. I was terrified of telling my friends I was psychic.
I eventually did and they were all like, “yeah we’ve known that for ages!”
20. Finding pockets in the day to check in is like a mini meditation.
21. I love my dog maybe more than people.
22. Theres no such thing as an earth bound spirit.
Everyone goes on – even really bad people. Everyone goes to the light. Everyone. Even Hitler and certainly Michael Hutchence. There is a plan – a plan that’s so much bigger than us and it doesn’t have mistakes. There are no glitches in the system. Everyone get to go to the next world and there are always ones to greet them before they go.
23. I can’t watch certain movies any more.
Being sensitive to energy means sensitive to a lot of other stuff too.
24. The hardest thing I ever did was say goodbye to my dingo of 13 years.
Even though I knew he’d be waiting for me in Spirit, it still make me cry.
25. Most haunted houses are actually haunted minds.
When I go to clear a house I look at the energy of the people in it first, because nearly every time the disturbance is around them and not the house.
26. Being psychic is easy – trying to be normal is hard.
27. Give away your time, but don’t undersell yourself. It’s OK to charge money for spiritual work.
28. As I got older I’ve become more ME and less concerned with what others think.
29. If they’re talking more about you than the person in spirit, it isn’t a mediumship reading.
30. If they’re talking about themselves instead of you, it isn’t a psychic reading.
31. I could see fairies as a child.
32. If I could change just one thing about me,
I’d kick my fetish for fluffy coathangers.
33. Those “pick an image you’re drawn to and I’ll post the answer tomorrow” things?
They aren’t a reading, they are a lead magnet at best and a quiz at worst. There’s no intuitive component.
There’s a silver lining to every situation even if it takes a 30 year wait.
35. My pet peeve is people who are Spiritual when it suits them.
36. I’ve learned to choose who I tell I’m psychic to.
Some battles are not worth fighting.
37. I used to soak up everyone else energy and feelings.
Now I’ve learned how to have a strong energy field that world way better than any shielding or crystal.
38. Spirit people can’t see you naked in the shower.
39. I feel a responsibility to debunk the myths around being paid for work of the spirit.
We can be paid well and often for our work and still feel spiritual.
40. Pets go to the Spirit world and wait for you.
They are often cared for by relatives. How do I know? I am aware of them when I read for others in a mediumship session.
41. My long term goal is to help everyone realise the gifts they have are enough.
42. Being psychic is like a muscle- it needs exercise..
43.Psychics don’t know everything.
44. Walk away from any psychic that makes you feel less than, doubting or fearful.
but it still took years of training and practice to get where I am now.
46. The book that changed my ideas about the spirit world was:
Angels in my hair by Lorna Byrne. This lady had a terribly poor life, but she could see her angels and guides like we see everyday people. Her message is simple and filled with reassurance.
47.Psychic expos will give you a headache.
48. Spiritual growth is tough, but it’s worth it.
49. I still get drained by large crowds and shopping centres.
But not as much as I used to after learning how to contain and balance my energy field.
50. TV psychics are there for entertainment first –
and messages second. Good ones do both.
51. Connecting to the spirit world is easy for me now – a lot of it was practice and a better mindset.
52. I’m here to myth bust and it pisses people off.
The face of intuitive work is changing and there’s room for a fresh perspective. Let’s leave the #crushedpurplevelvet behind.
53. The movie that change my life was Stairway to heaven made in 1943.
I was about 7 and it opened the door to the idea that people go on after they pass. It was made in war time, when many people questioned life after death. Watch it here for free on You Tube.
54. I’m not afraid of death, but it’s still really sad.
55. Even though I feel old now, I plan to be 90 and still doing this.
56. Akashic record readings, soul path readings, intuitive purpose readings –
All use the same technique. Once the basics are learned, they can be applied to any area. It’s one of the many myth busters we do in the Psychic Connection Package.
57. The main centre for psychic ability is in the solar plexus.
Using the third eye can lead us astray when the mind kicks in and we want to stay as true to our work as possible.
Phew, are you still here? That was an epic list.
And if you got to the end and thought, “Hey, she’s pretty normal, maybe it’s time I found out about my psychic gifts too.” You can. I have a fun quiz that tells you what your strongest psychic gift is right now, take it here: bit.do/psychicquiz
If you’re ready to dive deeper and get personal answers to book a mini mentorng session with me.
It’s called, “Hey, you must be psychic” and gets straight to the essential things you need to start using your intuition more effectively.
I hope this is useful for you.