It’s so common to feel like a ‘psychic potato’ when the intuition drops out and you feel like there’s nothing there, and it’s when we need it most, in times of stress or transition.
Stress is kryptonite to our psychic senses, and just when we want it to be strong and a guiding beacon, it goes on radio silence! It’s hard to believe intuition is actually hardwired into us.
Intuition is hardwired into us
There was a time in human history when intuition was ALL – it guided us away from danger, towards food, and even worked as long distance phone calls.
Our western world has moved away from that, but intuition is still thankfully alive and vibrant in many indigenous cultures. While we might lose access to certain senses temporarily, losing our intuition is actually impossible, because it’s part of our soul.
Intuition is always positive
It’s been my experience that if you feel your intuition is blocked, it’s likely that it’s functioning just fine, but that you just haven’t learned how to connect with it (yet).
Your intuition will always be positive and will always be about your highest good, and will always be about helping you move forward because it is the voice of your SOUL. This is why it can never go wrong. The most common block people run into when developing their intuition is this: self-doubt.
Tell the difference between ego, fear and real intuition
Our ego’s job is to keep us safe, and it does a wonderful job. It’s that voice that tells us not to expand, be fearful of new things and to stay small. We love the ego for this, and we can also learn to lovingly spot when it’s there. Unblocking intuition means separating the ego voice form the intuitive voice and being willing to take the risk to trust yourself.
How to unblock your intuition
- Do a daily soul-centering exercise: It can take only a minute, but being in the present moment is the only way we can tap into our intuition. Spend a minute to sitting quietly, eyes closed, and take a couple of deep breaths to help clear your mind and relax. Imagine breathing down into your center, where you feel your soul resides (it’s important to feel this, not think it). Allow yourself to feel whatever you’re feeling in the moment. It’s OK. Then continue on with your morning.
- Log your hunches: An intuition journal is your best buddy. After all, those massive co-incidences weren’t all random were they? Make notes and keep tabs on results. The more positive results you have from listening to your intuition, the more motivated you’ll be to follow it, and the stronger it becomes.
- Ask for guidance: We can ask our souls and the Divine for help. Have a silent conversation with your intuition. Pull a card, then wait to see what coincidences pop up. Get used to the idea of an on-going conversation with your soul and beyond. Answers come in all kinds of ways.
- Let go of overthinking and FEEL instead. In your head too much? The centre of your intuition is not the third eye like most believe. It’s in your solar plexus. That’s why it’s called ‘gut instinct’. Drop into the feeling centre to know the truth of something.
- Pay attention to what you’re feeling: Keep reminding yourself to be mindful, because it’s hard to hear and follow your intuition if you’re on autopilot, rushing around, stressed or worried. Stop, breathe, and tune in to how you’re feeling in this moment. The more you pay attention to yourself and your feelings, the easier it is to connect with your intuition.
One more block that can sneak in while you’re developing your intuition: self-pressure. Stay focused on the process instead of getting caught up in expectations. When pressuring starts, so do the blocks! Take a breath and focus on the process, and everything will flow.
Are you my next VIP client?